Kenichi Matsuyama!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiwanese Idol

Go down

Taiwanese Idol Empty Taiwanese Idol

Post  Admin Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 am

Talk about your favorit Taiwanese idol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kenichimatsuyama.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Taiwanese Idol Empty Re: Taiwanese Idol

Post  Admin Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Taiwanese Idol F4

F4 (2001–2002)
The Meteor Garden series is an adaptation of the Japanese shōjo manga series, Boys Over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango). Yan plays the lead role of Dao Ming Si, an extremely arrogant and rich university student who meets his match in the poor but proud girl, Shan Cai - played by Barbie Xu. Zhou, Wu and Zhu play his friends Hua Ze Lei, Mei Zuo, and Xi Men respectively. The four boys were the most popular and handsome boys at the university; they were recognised as the group named the "Flower Four", hence the title: F4.

Meteor Garden was released in Taiwan in 2001 and turned the leads into stars virtually overnight[citation needed]. In 2002 Meteor Garden was released in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and in the Philippines in 2003. The series was smuggled into Mainland China in 2002 despite an official ban by the authorities there on its showing due to its emphasis on power and materialism[citation needed]. A sequel, Meteor Garden II, was shot in Spain later and released in 2002. The success of "Meteor Garden" is notable because it has launched the idol drama craze.[citation needed]

In 2001, F4 became a boyband and signed a record deal with Sony Music Entertainment. Together they have released three albums, Meteor Rain, Fantasy 4ever, and "Waiting for You Here". In 2002, F4 sang the Mandarin cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love" included in the Asian version of Walt Disney's Lilo & Stitch soundtrack.[2] The English version of this song is sung by A*Teens, which is a cover of the 1961 Elvis Presley hit of the same title. They also made the Mandarin cover of Yo Te Amo by Chayanne.

F4 has been sponsored by Pepsi, Yamaha Motorbikes and Samuel & Kevin. The Taiwan Tourism Bureau appointed members of F4 as Tourism Ambassadors on March 9, 2007. Their "Wish to See You in Taiwan" campaign involves filming a television advertisement and a drama series filmed on tourist locations. As tourism ambassadors, F4 members also invited its overseas fans from South Korea and elsewhere to visit Taiwan.[3]

JVKV (2007–present)
On April 29, 2007, Meteor Garden producer Angie Chai announced that the group would no longer be known as F4. The change in name stemmed from copyright-related issues. Japanese publisher Shueisha, who owns the copyright to Boys Over Flowers allowed the group to use F4 as its band name in 2001. However, as Japan had filmed and aired its own live action versions of the popular manga, with its own cast of four, the publisher felt that there may be confusion over the name in different countries.[4][5] Due to this conflict, the group was renamed JVKV using the first initials of each of the group's members. According to the producer, the members are listed in the new name by the order of their birth dates from oldest to youngest, thus Vanness Wu's name appears before Vic Zhou's.[6]

Despite rumours of disbanding,[7] JVKV released their third album, Waiting For You, on December 28, 2007.[8] Their third album still bore the name F4, not JVKV.

F4, being the first foreign artiste to hold 7 conservative Concert in Japan, breaking the records of Jay Chou and Faye Wong. Thousands flooded the Narita Airport when the 4 boys touched down. Jerry Yan even attracts 2000 fans at the airport during his solo fan's meeting.

Solo projects
See also: Jerry Yan, Vanness Wu, Ken Chu, and Vic Zhou
JVKV are also concentrating on their solo careers in acting and music.

Wu has focused more of his attention on movies and music. He released his 2nd album titled "V.Dubb" (his nickname) in April of 2007, five years after his first album, "Body Will Sing". He's been in numerous music videos, "Ai Cuo" with Wang Leehom, Chinese version of "Crazy in Love" with Beyonce and Coco Lee's "Hip Hop Tonight". He has also been involved with several big-screen movies such as "Kung Fu Fighter", "Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon", and "Dragon Squad" just to name a few.

In August 2004, Yan came out with his first solo album titled, 'The First Time' (第一次 Jerry for You). He's acted in Taiwan drama series "Love Scar", "The Hospital" and made a movie, Magic Kitchen 魔幻廚房 (2004). Now, "Hot Shot(2008)"is broadcasting in Taiwan.

Zhou has come out with 3 solo albums, "Make a Wish" (January 2002), "Remember I Love You" (January 2004), and "I'm not F4" (November 2007), not to mention, he has acted in at least one drama series every year since his first break in 2001 with the exception of 2003. Within the last year, he will also be coming out with 2 movies, "Linger" and "Tea Fight."

Chu, known to love food and cooking, came out with his own cook book, "Delicious Relations" [美味关系] in 2006 after starring in a string of idol dramas. He has also starred in at least one drama every year since 2001, with the exception of 2005. That year, he came out with his own solo album, "On Ken's Time." He has filmed 3 movies to date. In a recent interview with F4, Chu has mentioned that he is growing increasingly more interested in music.

Three of the four will be acting in "Wish To See You Again." Vic Zhou and Ken Chu will be starring in it, while Vanness will have a guest appearance in a few episodes. Due to scheduling conflicts, Jerry Yan will not be starring in it and instead, Kingone Wang will be playing the part that was initially intended for Jerry. Instead, Jerry Yan is filming a series in Taiwan alongside Wu Chun of Fahrenheit and Show Luo, called "Hot Shot" which will be released in the summer of 2008. The series is based around basketball and the boys' competition on court. This series is highly anticipated due to the star status of the 3 male leads.

Discography
流星雨 (Meteor Rain) (November 2001)

流星雨 - (liu xing / Meteor) - F4
我是真的真的很愛你 - (wo shi zhen de zhen de ai ni / I Truly Love You) - Jerry
Here We Are - Ken
誰讓你流淚 (shei rang ni liu lei / Who Made You Cry?) - Vanness
為你執著 - (wei ni zhi zhuo / Persistence For You) - Vic
第一時間 - (di yi shi jian / First Time) - F4
要定你 - (yao ding ni) - Jerry
你不愛我愛誰? (ni bu ai wo ai shei - Who Do You Love If Not Me?) - Vanness
愛不會一直等你 - (ai bu hui yi zhi deng ni) - Ken
最特別的存在 - (zui te bie de cun zai / The Most Special Existence) - Vic

Fantasy 4ever (January 2003)

絕不能失去你 (jue bu neng shi qu ni / Can't Lose You) - F4
煙火的季節 (yan huo de ji jue / Season of Fireworks) - F4
愛的領域 (ai de ling yu / Love's Terrain) - F4
一個人的冬季 (yi ge ren de dong ji / Lonely Winter) - Vic
晴天 - (qing tian / One Fine Day) - Jerry
當你是朋友 (dang ni shi peng you / You As A Friend) - Vanness and Ken
Te Amo我愛你 - (Te Amo/wo ai ni/I Love You) - F4
只有我 - (zhi you wo / Only I) - Jerry
心理測驗 (xin li ce yan - Psychological Test) - Vanness
怎麽會是你 - (zen me hui shi ni / How Is It You) - Vic
Ask For More - F4
Can't Help Falling in Love - F4

Waiting for you 在這裡等你 (28 December 2007)

體驗 (ti yan / Experience) - F4
在這裡等你 (zai zhe li deng ni / Waiting For You) - F4
你是我唯一的執著 (ni shi wo wei yi de zhi zhuo / You Are My Only Persistence) - Jerry
Listen To Your Heart - Vanness
殘念 (can nian) - Vic
愛不停止 (ai bu ting zhi / Love Nonstop) - Ken
白 (bai / White) - Vic
七天 (qi tian / seven days) - Sung by Vanness
無所謂 (wu suo wei / Doesn't Matter) - Ken
我沒有辦法離開你 (wo mei you ban fa li kai ni / I Have No Way To Leave You) - Jerry

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kenichimatsuyama.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Taiwanese Idol Empty Re: Taiwanese Idol

Post  Admin Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Taiwanese Idol 417295571_b374a3a92c_o
Chinese Name: Wu Jian Hao
English Name: Vanness
Nationality: U.S.A
Birthday: August 07, 1978
Height: 180CM
Weight: 72Kg
Chest: 40 Waist: 30 Hips: 38
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Blood Type: A
Language: Mandarin, English
Family Members: Mother, sister, brother
Specialties: Dancing, Singing
Personality: Active, Good, Understanding, Independence of sovereignty
Wish: Have a time to take care of his parents.
The most unforgettable thing: The day when he turned to 19 years old...
The best talent: Dance
Favourite Sport: Fitness, Running, Basketball
Favourite Collection: Japanese Dolls
Favourite Food: Japanese
Favourite Colours: Black, White, Blue and Red
The most satisfied place: His typical face & his eyes
The most admire artist: Stephanie Symore
Favourite Instrument: All of them
Favourite Country: U.S.A
Favourite Pets: Cat, Dog
Favourite Clothing: Good- looking, it's ok
Favourite Drink: Water
The place he wants to go most: Australia
Favourite type of music: Don't repel. Like all kinds
The most dislike thing: Dirty and Untidy places

Vanness Wu (traditional Chinese: 吳建豪; simplified Chinese: 吴建豪; pinyin: Wú Jiànháo) is a Taiwanese American actor and singer based in Asia. He was born on August 7, 1978, in Los Angeles, United States, and speaks fluent English and Mandarin. As a member of Taiwanese boyband JVKV, he has appeared on three albums. He has also released three solo albums, and collaborated with Korean star Kangta to produce one album, "Scandal." He has also been featured on singles by Beyoncé and Coco Lee.

Wu has also appeared in several dramas for Taiwanese television both with and without other members of JVKV, and has starred in three motion pictures. Currently, he is filming a Hong Kong film tentatively named Super Chef or Kung Fu Chef.[1]

Wu has directed two music videos off his "V.DUBB" album, as well as a video for Nike's "This is Love" campaign in Hong Kong. He was also executive producer with Terry Tye Lee on the Nike track, "She's Not Sorry."

Year Title Alternate Role Notes
2001 Meteor Garden 流星花園 Mei Zuo Taiwanese live-action adaptation of the Japanese manga, "Boys Over Flowers"
Meteor Rain 流星雨 Mei Zuo
Meteor Garden II 流星花園2 Mei Zuo
2002 Peach Girl 蜜桃女孩 Ah Li Taiwanese live-action adaptation of the Japanese manga of the same name
Come To My Place 來我家吧 JJ Taiwanese live-action adaptation of the Japanese manga "Uchi ni Oideyo" by Hidenori Hara
2004 Say Yes Enterprise 求婚事務所 Song Zhen Kai Story 01: Cinderella
2008 Wish to See You Again 這裡發現愛 Leo

Film:
Year Title Alternate Role Notes
2003 Star Runner 少年阿虎
The Kumite (Canada,USA) Bond Cheung (as Ng Kin Ho) nominated: Hong Kong Film Awards, best new artist
2005 Dragon Squad 猛龍
Dragon Heat (USA) Officer Wang Sun-Ho
2007 Kung Fu Fighter 功夫無敵 Ma
2008 Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon 三國之見龍卸甲 Guan Xing
2009 LaMB Dr. Grisworld (English voice acting)
TBD Grand Theater
Kung Fu Chef

Solo work:

Title Track List Notes
身體會唱歌 (Body Will Sing)
Released: 2002 September 19
Countries: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan
序曲 (Intro)
尋找茱麗葉 (Searching for Juliet)
My Friend
身體會唱歌 (Body Will Sing)
寂寞廣場 (Lonely Square)
Sick
想像十個你 (Imagine Ten of You)
那個女生 (That Girl)
午夜場的電影 (Midnight Movie)
因為太愛你 (Cuz I Love You So Much)
Can't Help Falling in Love (by F4)
"CD + CD Extra" version also featured "Ask for More" by F4
V.DUBB
Released 2007 April 20
Countries: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea
我的王國 (My Kingdom)
Never Let You Go
放手 (Let Go)
Just One Dance
Friday Night
幻想這愛 (Wanna Love Somebody)
零時差 (In Sync)
媽媽 (Mama)
如果 (If)
Eternity
幻想這愛 (Wanna Love Somebody) (House Remix) (Cantonese Version)
Japanese release featured a Japanese version of "Wanna Love Somebody" as Track 11, plus a Japanese version of "Wanna Love Somebody (Justin Michael Remix)" as Track 12
In Between
Released 2008 July
我不是自己 (I Am Not Myself) [NEW SONG]
Lucky Me [NEW SONG]
自己的節奏 (My Own Pace) [NEW SONG]
我討厭我自己 (I Hate Myself)
午夜場的電影 (Midnight Movie)
零時差 (Zero Time Adjustment)
尋找茱麗葉 (Searching For Juliet)
我的王國 (My Kingdom)
放手 (Let Go)
想像十個你 (Imagining Ten Of You)